Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
These roasted chickpeas are a healthy, filling snack - high in both protein and fibre. Spiced with cumin, but if you like an extra spicy kick, add some chilli powder before roasting.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 45 mins
- 1 x 425g/15oz can of chickpeas
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray
- Pinch of iodised salt
- Preheat oven to 205C/400F.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Using a clean tea towel place the chickpeas on one half of the towel then cover with the other half and gently use your hand to roll the chickpeas around to remove as much moisture from them as you can. Remove any loose skins too.
- Spread the chickpeas on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spray chickpeas with oil and season with cumin and salt. If you’d like them to be extra spicy, add some chilli powder. Mix well to coat and spread evenly on tray.
- Roast for 40 to 45 minutes, rolling them around on the tray every 10-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack first, then they’re ready to eat or store. If storing, chickpeas will stay crispy in an uncovered or loosely covered container for about 5 days.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!