Vegan Tuna Salad Sandwiches
The best vegan tuna salad ever! Made with chickpeas, vegan mayonnaise, dill, capers, red onion and a secret 'fishy' ingredient!
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon jarred capers
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dulse flakes
- 1/2 cup tinned sweet corn
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- Bread, lettuce and tomato to make sandwiches
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Using a paper towel, dab on the chickpeas to absorb excess water.
- Using either a potato masher or a fork, mash your chickpeas until mostly broken down.
- Add mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, maple syrup, capers, red onion and dulse flakes.
- Mix well to combine.
- Check for seasoning and adjust.
- Finally, add the drained tinned sweetcorn and stir gently to incorporate.
- Serve tuna salad with crackers or sandwich between bread with veggies of your choice.
- Prepared tuna salad will last in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita