Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad with Lentils & Tempeh
This pesto pasta salad is nourishing and packed with flavour, tossed in a basil pesto with lentils, cubed tempeh, butternut pumpkin and sweet cherry tomatoes.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 150g/5.3oz tempeh (1 heaped cup, cubed)
- 1/4 vegetable stock cube (low sodium)
- 150g/5.3oz (3/4 cup) brown lentils, rinsed & drained
- 20g/0.7oz (1 Tbsp) vegan basil pesto, can use homemade or store-bought (e.g. Sacla – Free From Basil Pesto)
- 100g/3.5oz butternut pumpkin (abt 1 cup, cubed)
- 100g/3.5oz cherry or grape tomatoes (2/3 cup, cut in half)
- 125g/4.4oz pulse penne pasta (e.g. San Remo – Pulse Pasta)
- Topping: 10g/0.4oz (1 Tbsp) pine nuts
- Cube the tempeh, pumpkin and slice the cherry tomatoes.
- Place the tempeh in a shallow bowl then mix 1/4 of the stock cube with about a 1 tablespoon of hot water and pour over the tempeh to marinate for a few minutes.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions and steam the pumpkin for about the same amount of time. Once the pasta is cooked, rinse in cold water.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat then cook the tempeh for about 5-7 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a bowl, gently mix the pasta, tempeh, lentils, pumpkin, tomatoes and stir through the pesto.
- Serve the pesto pasta salad topped with pine nuts.
Macros – Carb: 113g Fat: 29g Prot: 64g Calories: 969
This recipe is part of the 7-day Strength meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!