Vegan Italian Stuffed Peppers
Protein-rich with a delicious blend of flavours makes this a hearty and satisfying meal.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 50 mins
- 50g/1.8oz (1/2 cup) TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1/4 vegetable stock cube (low sodium)
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g/1.8oz brown onion (1/2 medium onion)
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray
- 75g/2.6oz carrot, diced (1 small-med carrot)
- 100g/3.5oz black beans, (1/2 heaped cup, rinsed & drained)
- 15g/0.5oz (1/3 cup) nutritional yeast powder
- 35g/1.2oz (1 1/2 Tbsp) tomato paste
- 250g/8.8oz red/yellow capsicum/bell pepper (2 medium sized)
- Optional: chopped parsley
- Mix the stock cube with 1/2 cup of boiled water. Rehydrate the TVP mince by pouring the stock water over it in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. Add oil then sauté onion and garlic. Add paprika and carrot, stir for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Once the TVP has rehydrated, add it to the pan and stir and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Then add the beans, Italian herbs, nutritional yeast and tomato paste, mix well and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 180C/356F.
- Slice the tops off the capsicums (bell peppers), remove the seeds then pack the mince mixture in.
- Bake in the oven covered for 25 to 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once ready, garnish with chopped parsley or herb of choice and enjoy.
Macros – Carb: 49g Fat: 10g Prot: 45g Calories: 466
This recipe is part of the 7-day Endurance meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!