Sweet and Savoury Apple Corn Fritters
With a spicy persimmon pomegranate mint sauce on a bed of stone fruit and bean sprouts!
- 1.5 cups of flour
- one teaspoon of cinnamon
- one teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of soy, almond or oat milk
- corn of 2 cobs
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons apple sauce
- one grated apple
- 4 persimmons
- 1 lime
- 1 pomegranate
- stone fruit
- fresh lime
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until you achieve a smooth consistency. Add more milk if needed.
- When ready spoon the mix into a fry pan to create round fritter shapes. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
To make the persimmon pomegranate chilli chutney
- Blend the flesh of 4 persimmons with the juice of one lime, a tiny section of a chilli (too much will be overpowering) a multi fingered pinch of mint, until combined. Then add fresh pomegranate and mix through.
- Pour over the top of the fritters on a bed of salad and fruit and serve with fresh lime.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Growing up on a small farm in northern Victoria, veganism was the furthest thing from my mind, other than being something I couldn’t spell. I thought the idea of it sounded ridiculous. I was well indoctrinated into the idea that animals are a commodity. See all recipes by David