Wow your family and friends with this vegan Sunday roast.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 55 mins
- 1 cup butternut pumpkin with skin, cut into pieces
- 1/2 medium potato
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 carrot, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 green capsicum (bell pepper), cut into slivers
- 1 clove garlic, chop in half
- Olive oil (optional)
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 store-bought Vegie Roast (serve 2 slices per person) (or make your own ahead of time using this seitan recipe)
- Fresh ground black pepper, garlic and iodised salt (optional) to taste
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp vegan gravy powder
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F.
- Place all the veggies (except the capsicum) and garlic in an oiled baking dish, sprinkle with the rosemary.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the veggies bake, prepare the gravy and roast by following the instructions on the packet.
- After the veggies have baked for 30 minutes, position the roast in the middle of them with seasoning, add the capsicum and bake for a further 20 minutes. Add the basil 10 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Serve with gravy. Optional dash of cranberry sauce makes it even more special.
Notes for Challengers: You can make extra veggies for tomorrow’s roast veggie sandwich lunch.
**Tomorrow’s breakfast will need to be prepared tonight.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!