Sesame Falafel Bowl with Beet Dressing
If mouth-watering falafels are your thing, then this sesame falafel bowl recipe will be jumping to the top of your favourite recipe list. Easy and versatile, this combo of falafel and beet dressing is equally perfect as a snack or served up in any salad or veggie bowl.
Photo and recipe by @coconut bowl and @healthy_belly
Serves 10 falafels | Prep time: 30 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins
Falafel (makes 10 balls)
- 230g / 8.1oz cooked chickpeas
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 Tbsp rice or corn flour
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Sea salt
- 1 cup natural plant-based yoghurt
- Juice of 1 small beetroot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt
Make the Falafel
- Pre-heat the oven to 225°C / 435F.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the chickpeas, spring onions, clove of garlic, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and smoked paprika. Blend together and season with salt.
- Add the rice flour, 1 tablespoon at a time and blend until the mixture is no longer wet. Put everything into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Form the mixture into small balls with your hands and coat in sesame seeds. Place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper and bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown.
- Prepare the beet dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Serve the falafel in your Coconut Bowls with your favourite vegetables, drizzled with the beet dressing.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Coconut Bowls are a little piece of tropical paradise that you can bring to your kitchen. See all recipes by Jake