Red Sprouted Superfood Salad
This salad can easily be served as a main dish or as a side. Packed with flavour, the pomegranate adds a subtle sweetness which perfectly balances the bitterness of the açai, while the maple roasted walnuts add a delicious crunch.
Photo and recipe by @coconut bowls and @healthsynergy
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 beetroot, peeled and spiralised
- 1 cup sorrel leaves
- 1 cup sunflower sprouts
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
Maple Roasted Walnuts
- 1/2 cup activated walnuts
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp pomegranates
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp açai powder
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
(makes 4 bowls)
- Cook quinoa as per instructions of your chosen brand.
- Saute onion in olive oil for a few minutes or until soft and slightly crispy, taking care not to burn.
- Once onion has softened, add quinoa and grated ginger, stir and then allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare maple roasted walnuts.
- Combine all ingredients in a non-stick pan and cook over low heat for approx. 5 minutes, stirring constantly and then set aside.
- To make dressing, simply combine all ingredients in a small dish and mix well.
- Add cabbage, beetroot, sorrel leaves, sprouts and radish to quinoa mixture and toss salad in the dressing.
- Transfer salad to your Coconut Bowls and garnish with maple roasted walnuts, avocado, your choice of additional sprouts (optional), salt and pepper.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Coconut Bowls are a little piece of tropical paradise that you can bring to your kitchen. See all recipes by Jake