- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 a cup of almonds
- a pinch of salt
- 10 big, soft medjule dates
- a dash of agave or coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- a small handful of spinach
- 2 limes
- 1/2 a cup of coconut oil
- 2 table spoons of sweetener (agave or coconut nectar)
- fresh fruit (to go on top of the lime pie)
To make this Raw Key Lime Pie you will need a pie dish with the pop out middle bit (not sure what they are called) and a food processor.
Before you begin
Soak 1 cup of raw cashews in water for about 2 to 4 hours.
1. Put a cup of walnuts, half a cup of almonds, a little salt (I use pink himalayan) about 10 big soft medjule dates, and a dash of agave or coconut nectar even maple syrup into the food processor, and process until it is combined and will press and hold together when pinched.
2. Press the mix into the tin and smooth it over leaving no holes, if you have a big tin you might need to up the nuts and dates in the mix. Once its done put it in the fridge.
3. Now have a cup of raw cashews that have been soaked and rinsed in water for 2 to 4 hours, put them in a blender with a small handful of spinach, the flesh of 2 limes, half a cup of warmed coconut oil (leave it in the sun or you can submerge it in hot water) 2 table spoons of sweetener in agave or coconut nectar- if you want it sweeter add more.
4. Blend the mix until it’s super smooth, taste test it for lime and sweetness and adjust how you want it then pour the mix into the pre-made pie crust and sit in the fridge for a few hours to set.
5. Decorate the top with fruit.
If you like this recipe then be sure to check out David’s Blog A fist full of hummus, recipes of an unconventional vegan!