- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup of chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp of fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp of pink himalyan salt
- 1/4 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp of Rosemary
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large squash
- In a cast iron pan on medium heat add olive oil and garlic. Stir until fragrant and add remaining ingredients excluding kalamata olives, zucchini, and squash.
- Allow sauce to simmer for 25 minutes. Once time is up remove pan from heat and pour sauce into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Pour sauce back into pan and add olives. Stir until olives are well distributed.
- With a slicer slice zucchini and squash at desired thickness. Form a ring with veggie disks starting from either the center or perimeter of pan. Repeat process until finished.
- Drizzle off with olive oil and dried oregano. Bake in oven for 45 minutes covered with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Once time is up remove pan from oven and allow 10 minutes to cool. Garnish with fresh basil and nutritional yeast flakes. Enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
We were first introduced to Veganism almost two years ago when one of us saw the trailer to Forks Over Knifes (not even the whole thing). See all recipes by Christina and Raymond