Serves 4 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1/2 a butternut pumpkin, diced
- 350g block of firm tofu, diced (or use pre-made vegan feta)
- some vegan stock powder and miso paste for the tofu feta, to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- plenty of cracked pepper (or to taste)
- 280g fresh spinach (or use an equivalent amount of frozen spinach)
- 300g silken tofu
- 100g chickpea flour
- 50g water
- 30g tapioca flour (or cornstarch)
- 20g nutritional yeast
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1Tbsp Italian herbs
- 1tsp black salt (or sub regular salt but won’t be as ‘eggy’)
- Roast the diced butternut pumpkin.
- Make your tofu feta (if not using pre-made vegan feta):
- Boil the diced tofu in a salty broth of the stock powder and miso for 10 mins. This makes the tofu soft and salty, don’t skip this!
- Drain then toss with the oregano, salt and plenty of cracked pepper.
- Wilt the spinach in a saucepan, allow to cool and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Add the ‘eggy’ mix ingredients to a blender and blitz. Then combine the eggy mix with the spinach.
- Preheat over to 180C/355F.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper. Spread some eggy mix on the bottom. Add half of the butternut pumpkin, cover with the mix, then add half of the feta and cover and repeat.
- Bake for 20 mins. The frittata should feel very firm. If it’s still soft in the middle, cook for longer. Raw chickpea flour isn’t very nice.
- Serve with mustard or chutney!
Macros per serve quarter slice: Cal 384 ~ P 31 | C 50 | F 5