One Pot Yellow Daal
This warming daal is easy to prepare and perfect for a night in. Recipe by our guest blogger Miri.
- 100g finely chopped white onion
- 110g tomato chopped
- 1 cup mung daal
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 5 cups water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp dried coriander
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and add chopped white onion and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent and golden.
- Add all of your spices and cook for a few minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and stir well.
- Rinse the dry lentils and add to the pot with water, stock and lemon juice. Leave to simmer for 45 minutes, adding more liquid if needed.
- Serve with whatever delicious sides you would like. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Guest Blogger Miri
My name is Miriam, and I'm a 24 year old Norwegian living in Melbourne. See all recipes by Miri