No Churn Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream with Cookie Dough
This Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream with Cookie Dough is deliciously indulgent, but also good for you too! Plus, it requires no churning or ice cream maker.
Recipe by Vancouver with Love.
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Almond or Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
Ingredients For Strawberry Ice Cream:
- 1 1/4 cups Strawberries, cut into small chunks
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (refrigerated until needed)
- 2 400ml cans coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (this is really important)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chill a large mixing bowl in the freezer while you’re completing the next step (about 10 minutes). This will be used to make the ice cream
- Mix all cookie dough ingredients together in a large bowl until a sticky dough forms.
- Break the dough into small chunks and crumbles with your hands (you don’t want large pieces of cookie dough in the ice cream as they will freeze harder than the rest of it) and set aside.
- Add the Strawberries and maple syrup to a blender and blitz on high power for about 15-20 seconds, until they are a puree but a few chunks still remain. Set aside.
- Open the cans of coconut milk. The milk will have separated into a layer of coconut water and hardened coconut cream.
- Remove your bowl from the freezer and scoop ONLY the hardened coconut cream into it. (You can reserve the remaining coconut water for other purposes.)
- Using a mixer or electric beater, whip the coconut cream until creamy and smooth (about 5 minutes). You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl down several times while doing this. You’re aiming to get a thick, fluffy coconut cream that has the consistency of whipped cream.
- Add the vanilla extract and whip for another minute.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently fold the strawberry puree and cookie dough into the mixture until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a tin and freeze for 3-4 hours. This will give you an ice cream with the consistency of gelato. Best eaten immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Food for me is a passion. I find it strange when people comment on the restrictions of a plant-based diet, because to me there is huge variety in it. In fact, I’m probably more adventurous with food now than I was before I turned vegan. I love colour and vitality in my recipes as well as simplicity and elegance. See all recipes by Elizabeth