Lemon Lime Coconut Cake
I love this cake because it is tangy, but not too tart - thanks to the coconut yoghurt.
Serves 6 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 45 mins
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup or Agave
- 1 1/2 cup Soda Water
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a Lime
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Coconut Extract
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Lots of Lime Zest
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F. In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently to combine.
- Line four 4-inch springform cake tins with baking paper. Pour batter evenly into each of the 4 tins and bake for 35-45 minutes or until cake is springy to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and layer with coconut yoghurt and fruit.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hey, I'm Joanne. I'm a student dietitian from Sydney, Australia. Having previously studied food science and human nutrition, I am always interested in the culture, social aspects, development and nutritional science of food.
See all recipes by Joanne