Garlic Butter Cauliflower Steaks with Balsamic Veggies
Easy to make but rather fancy looking cauliflower steak and roasted veggies. Perfect for a special dinner.
- 2 Cauliflower Steaks [slice the cauliflower in half through the center of the core. Take each half and slice parallel to the core to make about a 1″ (2.5cm) cauliflower steak. Can use the remaining cauliflower in a stir-fry.]
- 4 Tbsp Non-dairy Butter, divided (I used Country Crock Plant Butter)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder, divided
- 1 tsp Onion Powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp Salt, divided
- Black Pepper
- 4 Small Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into about 1-inch (2.5cm) cubes 4 Cups
- 3 Cups Halved Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
For the Gremolata
- Zest 1/2 Lemon
- 1 small Clove of garlic
- 1 Cup Parsley Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C.
- Lay cauliflower steaks and veggies onto a sheet pan. Sprinkle the potatoes and brussels with 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp salt, freshly ground black pepper and drizzle 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar over them.
- In a small bowl, melt 4 tablespoons of non-dairy butter. Drizzle 1 Tablespoon of the melted butter over the brussels sprouts and potatoes. Toss them with your hand to coat the potatoes and brussels sprouts evenly.
- Into the remaining 3 Tablespoons of butter, add lemon juice, the remaining 1/2 tsp of garlic and onion powder, the remaining 1/4 tsp salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Using a brush, coat the cauliflower steaks, top and bottom with all of the garlic butter mixture. Roast on the middle rack of a 425F/220C oven for 50-60 minutes or until everything is brown and tender, stopping after 30 minutes to flip the steaks and stir the potatoes and brussels.
- While the cauliflower and veggies are in the oven, make the gremolata. Finely chop the lemon zest, parsley, garlic and capers together and set aside.
- When the cauliflower and veggies are done, remove from the oven, plate and immediately sprinkle with gremolata. Serve.
Gremolata served with the Cauliflower Steaks
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I'm Megan. I'm a professionally trained pastry chef, recipe developer, outdoor enthusiast and animal lover. See all recipes by Megan