Fruit & Nut Compote
This juicy and light compote makes a delicious topping for pancakes, waffles, scones and many other delights.
- 1/2 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 apple
- 30g /1oz of almonds
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of flaxseeds
- 1 Tbsp of orange juice
- Water if needed
- 1 cup fortified soy milk
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Sweetener of your choice
- Dice the fruits and mix together with almonds, nutmeg, cinnamon and flaxseed.
- Place the fruit and nut mix in a saucepan along with orange juice and water as needed, and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a medium heat and mix and mash fruits together. Cook for around 10-15 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat until almost boiling. Pour into a mug and drink.