Fruit & Nut Compote
This refreshing and light compote makes a delicious topping for pancakes, waffles, scones and many other delights.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 apple
- 30g /1oz almonds, chopped roughly
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- Water, if needed
- 1 cup fortified soy milk
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Sweetener of your choice
- Dice the fruits and mix together with almonds, nutmeg, cinnamon and flaxseed.
- Place the fruit and nut mix in a saucepan along with orange juice and water as needed, and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a medium heat, mix and mash fruits together. Cook for around 10-15 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Serve on top of pancakes, waffles, scones or oatmeal!
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat until almost boiling. Take off heat, then pour into a mug and enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!