Easy Scrambled Tofu with Spinach & Mushrooms
This tofu scramble with spinach and mushrooms is a great way to fuel your body in the morning. It also makes an ideal post-workout meal as it's packed in protein and carbs.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 7 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 150g/5.3oz firm tofu (a heaped cup, cubed)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
- 150g/5.3oz mushrooms (abt 3/4 cup, sliced)
- 15g/0.5oz (2 Tbsp) nutritional yeast powder
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray (e.g. Woolworths Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray)
- 20g/0.7oz baby spinach (a large handful)
- 2 slices dark rye bread
- 10g/0.4oz (2 tsp) vegan butter
- To taste: iodised salt, chilli flakes
- In a bowl, use a fork to mash the tofu. Add the turmeric, Italian herbs, salt and chilli flakes. Mix well and set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms then preheat a pan on medium-high. Add olive oil and cook mushrooms for 4-5 minutes until they release their moisture.
- Stir in the tofu and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Add the nutritional yeast and spinach, mix well. Taste the scramble and add more seasonings if needed. Remove from heat.
- Toast and butter bread slices and serve with tofu scramble.
Macros – Carb: 45g Fat: 23g Prot: 37g Calories: 535
This recipe is part of the 7-day Endurance meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!