Easy Red Lentil Tacos
Easy to make vegan tacos made with a red lentil mince, ready in 30 minutes. Perfect for a weeknight dinner meal.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 70g/2.5oz (1/3 cup + 1 tsp) dry red lentils
- 1 cup water
- 50g/1.8oz brown onion, diced (1/2 medium onion)
- 100g/3.5oz red capsicum/bell pepper (3/4 cup, diced)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- Iodised salt to taste
- 2 wholegrain mini-wraps (abt 45-50g/1.6oz-1.8oz each)
- 50g/1.8oz fresh tomato (1/4 cup, diced)
- 50g/1.8oz carrot (1/2 cup, grated)
- 40g/1.4oz leafy green mix (2 handfuls)
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Optional: squeeze of lemon juice, chilli flakes
- Prep all the ingredients first. Dice the onion, capsicum and tomato, grate the carrot, rinse lentils in cold water then drain, and rinse and pat dry the leafy green mix.
- In a non-stick pot on medium-high heat dry sauté the onion for a few minutes. If your pot is not non-stick, sauté onion with a little bit of water.
- Add lentils with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil uncovered over medium heat. Then reduce heat, add your seasonings (cumin, oregano, paprika, salt) and allow to simmer with lid on for about 15 minutes. About a couple of minutes before turning off heat, add capsicum. If your lentil mince is a bit watery, continue cooking until it thickens to your liking. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 200C/395F. Drape each wrap over two oven rack rungs to create taco shells. Bake for about 5 minutes.
- Assemble your tacos with the leafy greens, lentil mince, tomato, shredded carrot and fresh coriander.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!