Creamy Vegetable Korma
This delicious Korma will fill your tummy with warmth on a cold winter evening!
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger root
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 large ripe tomatoes pureed
- 1 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 3 medium potatoes chopped
- 3 cups chopped veggies such as cauliflower, carrots, peas
- In a blender, puree the onion, ginger, garlic, and cashews; add some water if needed.
- In a large pot, heat some oil/water and add the blended mixture along with 1/2 cup water.
- Mix in the spices, cooking for 5-8 minutes until fragrant, then stir in the tomato puree, bay leaves, coconut milk, and vegetables.
- Cover the pot and let simmer on medium heat for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Once the vegetables are tender, season with lemon juice and/or more spices to taste and serve warm.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
My name is Lenny, known as @vegamelon on Instagram! I became vegan almost four years ago, at the end of my freshman year of high school. See all recipes by Lenny