Creamy Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Creamy, easy, and so delicious. This ultra creamy roasted red pepper pasta requires minimal ingredients, super simple, and will surely satisfy your weeknight pasta cravings.
- 2 red bell peppers
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- 2 vegan Italian sausages, finely chopped (approx. 1 cup) such as Field Roast
- 1 tsp miso paste
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup non-dairy, unsweetened yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 8 oz. gluten-free pasta
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Fresh chives, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. On a baking sheet, roast bell peppers for 30 min. until charred and soft. Transfer to a blender and blend with ½ cup vegetable broth and tomato sauce. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, vegan sausage, and a pinch of salt. Saute for 3-4 min. until onion is translucent and soft. Stir in miso paste and paprika. Cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add a tbsp or two of vegetable broth to deglaze the pan if needed.
- Pour in bell pepper mixture into the pot along with vegan yogurt. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a low boil, cover, then lower the heat to simmer for 15 min.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to the pot with the sauce. Stir to fully coat. Stir in peas and cook until they’re heated through. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Finish with juice from ½ lemon.
- Serve with fresh, chopped chives and black pepper.
Hey there! My name is Taavi Moore and I am a dietetics student in Seattle. See all recipes by Taavi