Creamy Cajun Pasta with Seasoned Chickpeas
This bowl of Creamy Cajun Pasta is: Creamy, Dairy-free, Family Friendly, Packed with Flavor!
Cajun Cashew Sauce:
- 1 ½ cup cashews, soaked for at least 3-4 hours
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb Pasta of choice, cooked (450g)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190.5 C).
- In a medium bowl combine all the seasoned chickpeas ingredients and toss. Spread the seasoned chickpeas on a large baking pan evenly, avoid stacking. Bake chickpeas for 20 minutes.
- In a high powered blender or food processor combine all of the cajun cashew sauce ingredients together. Blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Toss pasta with the cashew sauce and divide into bowls. Add the seasoned chickpeas to the top of your pasta. Garnish with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Leftovers will last 2-3 days in the fridge in an airtight container. Garnish your noodles after you reheat them, not before.
2017 is when I officially went vegan, cutting out all dairy products. It all began when my husband and I started watching vegan documentaries that informed us on what kinds of things were in our foods. See all recipes by Marissa