Corn Fritters with Smoky Avocado Crème and Salsa
Craving for fritters? Try these corn fritters dressed in a delectable avocado crème plus salsa. Recipe from Meals by Miri.
- 130g cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 25g onion
- 7g fresh red hot chili pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp loosely packed chopped fresh coriander
Finely chop all of your ingredients and combine in a bowl with the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and leave to set for at least 20 minutes to let the flavours get to know each other.
Smoky Avocado Crème ingredients
- 1 avocado (approx. 130g avocado flesh)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic
Add all your ingredients to a small blender or mini food processor and blend until completely smooth.
2 cloves of garlic minced
150g frozen corn
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried coriander
1/4 tsp kosher salt (+ extra to sprinkle on the zucchini)
45g unsweetened soy milk
Olive oil (for frying)
- Grate the zucchini and sprinkle with some salt. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water and add it to a bowl with garlic, shallots, corn and spices. Mix well.
- Add your flour and milk directly to the ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
- Rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat up a skillet with about 1/2-1 tbsp olive oil. Use a heaped tablespoon of batter per fritter. Flatten into your desired shape on the pan and cook on medium heat until the fritter is golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Rest on a wire rack until you have cooked all of your fritters.
- Serve with some greens, your avocado creme, salsa and some sriracha mayo and fresh coriander if you wish.
Guest Blogger Miri
My name is Miriam, and I'm a 24 year old Norwegian living in Melbourne. See all recipes by Miri