Christmas Vanilla Cupcakes
Wow your friends and family with these delicious and moist Vanilla Cupcake Christmas Trees!
- 1 cup Soy Milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Cake Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1//2 cup + 1 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
For Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- 250 grams/8oz Vegan Butter
- 100g/3oz Vegetable Shortening
- 2 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- Green Food Colouring
- Christmas Cupcake Toppers and Decorations
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk the Soy Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar in a bowl or measuring jug and leave to sit for 15 minutes.
- Sift the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, use a handheld mixer and cream the Vegan Butter and Sugar until light, fluffy and aerated.
- Alternate adding in the dry flour mixture and your prepared Soy Milk, mixing well after each addition and ending with an addition of dry ingredients.
- Fill cupcake liners two-thirds full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until light golden and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cupcakes comes out dry.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- To prepare frosting, combine Vegan Butter and Shortening in a mixing bowl and beat till light and fluffy with an electric mixer – about 3 minutes.
- Add Icing Sugar and Vanilla Bean Paste/Extract/Seeds and continue mixing for another minute. Icing should be light, fluffy and delicately sweet. Add green food colouring and mix.
- Transfer icing to a piping bag and pipe a generous swirl on each cupcake to look like a Christmas Tree.
- Decorate with christmas sprinkles and toppers then leave cupcakes in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm the icing up before serving.
- Cupcakes are best served at room temperature.
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita