Chocolate Raspberry Donuts
These baked Chocolate Raspberry Donuts are soft, cakey, and bursting with chocolate flavor. Made with a chocolate glaze and sprinkled with freeze dried raspberries and chopped chocolate. These baked cake donuts will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
Serves 12 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
Glaze and Topping
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped freeze dried raspberries
- extra chocolate, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F. Spray your donut pans with cooking oil and set aside.
- Combine the plant milk and apple cider vinegar together in a large bowl to slightly thicken.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cacao powder, chopped chocolate, salt, and mix.
- In the bowl of milk and apple cider combine the applesauce, oil and whisk.
- Mix both the dry and wet ingredients together and whisk for 40-45 seconds. You don’t want to overmix your batter, so it’s okay if there is a little flour on the sides of the bowl.
- Slowly fold your raspberries into the batter.
- Pour batter in a piping bag. Squeeze the batter into the donut pans filling them about 3/4 full. If you do not have a piping bag, spoon the batter into the pans.
- Bake donuts for 18-20 minutes. Test to see if your donuts are cooked all the way by sticking a toothpick in the loaf. If it comes out clean then it is cooked all the way through.
- Let donuts cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Then remove from the pan and let cool for 1 hour on a cooling rack before glazing.
- Combine the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 25 second intervals stirring between each one until the chocolate has melted.
- Dip donuts in the melted chocolate and place back on the rack. Sprinkle chopped chocolate and freeze dried raspberries. Let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour for serving or stacking.
- Leftovers will last 1-2 days in the fridge and a 1 month in the freezer wrapped up.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
2017 is when I officially went vegan, cutting out all dairy products. It all began when my husband and I started watching vegan documentaries that informed us on what kinds of things were in our foods. See all recipes by Marissa