Chocolate Raspberry Donuts
These baked Chocolate Raspberry Donuts are soft, cakey, and bursting with chocolate flavor. Made with a chocolate glaze and sprinkled with freeze dried raspberries and chopped chocolate. These baked cake donuts will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup cocoa poder
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
Glaze and Topping:
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped freeze dried raspberries
- extra chocolate, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit (190.5 C). Spray your donut pans with cooking oil and set aside.
- Combine the milk and apple cider vinegar together in a large bowl to slightly thicken.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cacao powder,chopped chocolate, salt, and mix.
- In the bowl of milk and apple cider combine the applesauce, oil and whisk.
Mix both the dry and wet ingredients together and whisk for 40-45 seconds. You don’t want to overmix your batter, so it’s okay if there is a little flour on the sides of the bowl.
Slowly fold your raspberries into the batter.
Pour batter in a piping bag. Squeeze the batter into the donut pans filling them about ¾ full. If you do not have a piping bag, spoon the batter into the pans.
Bake donuts for 18-20 minutes. Test to see if your donuts are cooked all the way by sticking a toothpick in the loaf. If it comes out clean then it is cooked all the way through.
Let donuts cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Then remove from the pan and let cool for 1 hour on a cooling rack before glazing.
Combine the chocolate and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 25 second intervals stirring between each one until the chocolate has melted.
Dip donuts in the chocolate and place back on the rack. Sprinkle chopped chocolate and freeze dried raspberries. Let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour for serving or stacking.
Leftovers will last 1-2 days in the fridge and a 1 month in the freezer wrapped up.
2017 is when I officially went vegan, cutting out all dairy products. It all began when my husband and I started watching vegan documentaries that informed us on what kinds of things were in our foods. See all recipes by Marissa