Chocolate Pecan Cookies ★★★★★1 review
Easy, no-bake, vegan, paleo, sugar free COOKIES.
Makes 11 cookies
Chocolate pecan cookies
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp good-quality salt
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 11 juicy Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked 4 hours then drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp coconut condensed milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla bean powder
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream
- Add the pecans, cacao powder, coconut flour, salt and oats to a high-speed food processor. Blitz until fine crumbs have formed, then transfer the mixture to an large mixing bowl
- Add dates and maple syrup to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth (you may need to use your tamper to push the mixture down through-out, and scrap the blender sides half way through)
- Pour the date and maple mixture into the bowl with the dry mix. Preferably, scrap out the blender with a rubber spatula to ensure you get all the mixture in the bowl
- Mix the wet and dry mix together until an even sticky dough ball forms (if your mix is too dry, add a little more maple syrup
- Measure out 1 Tbsp of mixture and roll into a ball, then squash down gently with the bottom of a glass. Repeat until you have used all the mixture (I made 22 pieces).
- Finally, place your cookies on a non stick tray in the dehydrator. Dehydrate at 40 degrees for 6 hours, then turn your cookies and further dehydrate for 8 hours*.
*If you don’t have dehydrator, place cookies on a tray in the freezer and freeze for 4 hours, or until firm.
- Place all your ingredients into a high-speed blend and blend until very smooth.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl, and set in the fridge for 4 hours, or until firm
- Transfer mixture into a pipping bag with a nozzle of your choice. Pipe mixture onto half of your cookies, and finish by sandwiching on the remaining cookies.
**Store cookies in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4-5 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Sisters Kath and Jade, both passionate about food, hope you enjoy their recipes. See all recipes by Kath and Jade