- 300g / 10oz soft silken tofu
- 300g / 10oz vegan dark chocolate
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2tbsp liquid sweetener
- 70g / 2.5oz crushed almonds
- 2 large bananas
- Maple syrup
1. Firstly, let the tofu warm to room temperature then blend until silky smooth and creamy.
2. Then in a water bath pot melt the dark chocolate
(Water bath is where you put a pot of water on the stove and put the chocolate in a dish on top of the water. This helps to melt the chocolate while not burning it.)
3. While the chocolate is melting, stir through the vanilla essence and the sweetener. I used maple syrup.
4. Once the chocolate is melted, pour it into the tofu and fold through until it is even. Place mixture into your serving dish and leave in the fridge to set.
5. Now put the crushed almonds into a pan and on a medium heat, dry roast them for a few minuets, then add a good splash of maple syrup. Keep moving them around so they are completely coated and start to glaze. Pour them over the top of the chocolate mousse.
6. Lastly, cut the bananas into strips and again fry them until golden brown in some maple syrup and oil (not olive oil), flipping once. Place them on top of the almonds nicely and serve!