Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
This oil-free 'pizookie' is healthier but still indulgent; sayisfying but not overly sweet. It's simply delicious
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup adjust based on sweetness of chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour use GF if needed
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a small cast-iron skillet. (A cake pan will work fine as well).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: peanut butter, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in chocolate and fold the entire mixture until combined.
- Pour the batter into the skillet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center is cooked through.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the skillet before serving. Enjoy warm!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
My name is Lenny, known as @vegamelon on Instagram! I became vegan almost four years ago, at the end of my freshman year of high school. See all recipes by Lenny