Chewy Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
These Chewy Almond Butter Cookies are the perfect healthy weekday treat!
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax seed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour such as Bob’s Red Mill 1-1
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 oz. Vegan dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, prepare flax egg by whisking together flax seed meal and water. Set aside for 2 min. to thicken up.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut oil, flax egg, vanilla, and vinegar until creamy. Stir in the rest of the ingredients (except chocolate) until a soft dough forms. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 min.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop even amounts of dough on to the baking sheet. Slightly press down with the palm of your hand. Press a small square of chocolate into the center of each cookie. Bake for 15 min. (Important!) let cool for 10 min. before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hey there! My name is Taavi Moore and I am a dietetics student in Seattle. See all recipes by Taavi