Guest Blogger Michelle HC
A bit about me – I am an Australian food blogger, recipe developer with passion for health & fitness. See all recipes by Michelle
Crispy, sweet, fudgy and chocolatey…tag some who would LOVE these!
1. Line a small container with non-stick paper (mine was ~ 10 x 20cm)
2. Make the PEANUT CARAMEL: add the dates and water to the food processor and blend until a paste forms. Add in the peanut butter & protein powder and blend until smooth and thick. Set aside
3. Make the RICE BUBBLE BASE: Combine the rice bubbles & protein powder. Mix in 1/2 cup of the peanut caramel until all the protein powder has fully dissolved & rice bubbles are all coated, you can add a dash of maple syrup/ liquid here if you need.
(*Tip: You can use clean hands coated in coconut oil to mix to make it easier and less sticky )
4. Sprinkle the ROASTED PEANUTS over the base &press them down firmly into the rice bubbles.
5. Spread the peanut caramel evenly on top of the base. Put the slice into the freezer to set for at least 2 hours
6. CHOC COATING: melt the dark chocolate and stir in the protein powder until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the slice. Return to the freezer for 30 mins before slicing
Storage tips: in an airtight container in the freeze, allowing it to thaw for a couple of mins at room temp before serving