Wholesome Tofu Bowl
Healthy and fresh tofu bowl with simple ingredients. Packed with nutrition, savour the flavour of this dish with the combination of teriyaki marinated tofu and veggies drizzled with lemon juice.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 30g/1oz (2.5 Tbsp) dry brown rice (75g when cooked)
- 150g/5.3oz firm tofu (1 heaped cup, cubed)
- 20ml/0.7oz (4 tsp) vegan teriyaki marinade sauce
- 100g/3.5oz (2/3 cup) shelled soybeans
- 75g/2.6oz white cabbage (1/2 cup, shredded)
- 150g/5.3oz cucumber (1 cup, sliced)
- 50g/1.8oz carrots (1/2 cup, julienned)
- 20g/0.7oz spring onion (1/4 cup, chopped)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Cook the brown rice as per packet instructions.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and place in a shallow bowl. Pour 20ml of the teriyaki sauce on top to marinate. Set aside.
- In the meantime, steam or boil the soybeans as per packet instructions. Slice the cucumber, carrots and shred the cabbage. Chop the spring onion.
- On a medium to high heat, add the tofu and teriyaki to a non-stick pan and cook for approx. 5 to 7 minutes, turning once or twice. Add the cabbage and cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once the rice is ready, arrange the bowl by adding the rice, tofu cubes with cabbage, soybeans, carrot and sprinkle with spring onion.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top and serve.
Macros – Carb: 50g Fat: 18g Prot: 49g Calories: 551
This recipe is part of the 7-day Wellbeing meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
DinnerAsianGluten FreeLow Fat