Veggie Fried Tofu
A simple tofu scramble packed with flavour and veggie goodness.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1/2 medium potato, cubed
- 120g/4.23oz firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp Massel salt-reduced stock powder
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Iodised salt (optional) and pepper to taste
- 1 slice wholemeal bread, toasted (use gluten-free bread for GF option)
- Pre boil/steam the potato and leave to cool. You can do this the night before and store in the fridge.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Add the cubed potato and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the crumbled tofu and mix together well, then add the turmeric, herbs and stock powder. At this point if the mix is a little dry you can add a splash of water.
- Add the chopped tomato and spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until the spinach is wilted and the tomatoes have softened a little. Add the nutritional yeast and season as desired.
- Serve with toast.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!