Vegan Tofu Pad Thai
This easy to make Tofu Pad Thai with simple, tasty ingredients is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 150g/5.3oz firm tofu (1 heaped cup, cubed)
- 20g/0.7oz fresh chilli (1 chilli, chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 30g/1oz spring onion, chopped
- 80g/2.8oz dry Thai-style rice noodles
- 30g/1oz Tamarind paste
- 30ml/1oz (2 Tbsp) light soy sauce
- 5ml/0.2 (1 tsp) sesame oil
- 15ml/0.5oz (1 Tbsp) fresh lime juice
- 30g/1oz (1/4 cup) crushed peanuts
- 30g/1oz bean sprouts
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions. Rinse and drain with cold water and set aside.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat some water (about 1 tablespoon) in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat then sauté the garlic and chilli for a few minutes. Add the cubed tofu and stir-fry for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned on all sides.
- In the same pan on low heat, add the noodles, sauce, spring onions. Stir for half a minute.
- Turn off heat then serve immediately topped with bean sprouts, crushed peanuts and an optional squeeze of lime juice.
Macros – Carb: 83g Fat: 34g Prot: 43g Calories: 810
This recipe is part of the 7-day Strength meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!