Vegan Thai Noodles with Tofu
Tasty, refreshing Thai noodle recipe with tofu and crunchy bean sprouts, ready in under 30 minutes.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 150g/5.3oz firm tofu (1 heaped cup, cubed)
- 20g/0.7oz fresh red chilli (1 chilli, chopped)
- 5g/0.2oz garlic (1 clove, finely chopped)
- 30g/1oz spring onion (2-3 stalks, chopped)
- 80g/2.8oz Thai-style rice noodles
- 20g/0.7oz (1 Tbsp) Tamarind paste
- 30ml/1oz (2 Tbsp) light soy sauce
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) sesame oil
- 15ml/0.5oz (1 Tbsp) fresh lime juice
- 20g/0.7oz (2 Tbsp) crushed peanuts
- 30g/1oz bean sprouts (a handful)
- 20g/0.7oz coriander, chopped
- Optional: carrot shreds
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions. Then rinse and drain with cold water and set aside.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
- Prep ingredients: press and cube tofu, chop chilli, garlic, spring onion and coriander.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high then add the tofu, garlic, chilli and dry-fry for about 7 minutes, until lightly browned. (Lower heat and add a teaspoon of soy sauce about a minute before finishing).
- In the same pan on low heat, add the noodles, sauce, spring onions. Stir for half a minute until all noodles are coated with sauce.
- Turn off heat then serve immediately topped with bean sprouts, crushed peanuts, coriander and carrot shreds (optional).
Macros – Carb: 56g Fat: 27g Prot: 40g Calories: 627
This recipe is part of the 7-day Endurance meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!