Vegan Stuffed Capsicums (Bell Peppers)
Wholesome stuffed capsicums made with TVP mince, black beans and a delicious combination of flavours.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 50 mins
- 50g/1.7oz (1/2 cup) TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1/4 veg stock cube
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g/1.7oz brown onion (1/2 med onion)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 5ml (1 tsp) olive oil spray
- 100g/3.5oz (2/3 cup) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 15g/0.5oz (1/3 cup) nutritional yeast powder
- 35g/1.2oz (1 1/2 Tbsp) tomato paste
- 250g/8.8oz red capsicum/bell pepper (2 medium sized)
- Optional: chopped parsley to garnish
- Mix stock cube with 1/2 cup of boiled water. Rehydrate the TVP mince by pouring the water over it in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. Add the oil then sauté the onion and garlic. Add the paprika and stir for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Once the TVP has rehydrated, add it to the pan, stir and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Then add the beans, nutritional yeast and tomato paste, mix well and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 180C/356F.
- Slice the tops off the capsicums (bell peppers), remove the seeds then pack the mince mixture in.
- Bake in the oven covered for 25 to 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once ready, garnish with chopped parsley or herb of choice and enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!