Vegan Spag Bol
Power up with this scrumptious protein-rich vegan spaghetti Bolognese.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 50g/1.8oz (1/2 cup) TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1/4 vegetable stock cube (low sodium)
- 50g/1.8oz brown onion (1/2 medium onion)
- 100g/3.5oz mushrooms (1 1/4 cup, diced)
- 100g/3.5oz carrot (3/4 cup, diced)
- 35g/1.2oz (2 Tbsp) tomato paste
- 200g/7oz (3/4 cup) canned diced tomatoes
- 15g/0.5oz (4 Tbsp) nutritional yeast powder
- 125g/4.4oz red lentil pasta (e.g. San Remo Red Lentils Spirals Pulse Pasta)
- Seasonings of choice (e.g. pinch of salt, dried oregano, paprika powder)
- Optional: chopped herbs for garnish
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Mix the stock cube with 1/2 cup of boiled water. Rehydrate the TVP mince by pouring the stock water over it in a bowl. Set aside.
- Chop onion, mushrooms and carrot.
- In a heated non-stick deep pan, sauté onion with about a tablespoon of the boiled pasta water. After a few minutes add the rehydrated mince and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the mushrooms, carrot, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and seasonings of your choice. Stir and allow to simmer over low heat with lid on top for about 20 minutes.
- Mix in the nutritional yeast. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed, then remove from heat.
- The Bolognese sauce is now ready to serve over the pasta. Garnish with some chopped herbs (optional).
Macros – Carb: 105g Fat: 5g Prot: 71g Calories: 749
This recipe is part of the 7-day Strength meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!