Vegan Soft-shell Tacos
Healthy vegan tacos filled with leafy greens and tasty plant-based mince. Season to your heart's desire. Ready in under 30 minutes.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 40g/1.4oz leafy green mix (2 large handfuls)
- 50g/1.8oz (1/2 cup) TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1/4 vegetable stock cube (low sodium)
- 50g/1.8oz brown onion, diced (1/2 medium onion)
- 100g/3.5oz red capsicum/bell pepper (3/4 cup, diced)
- Seasonings of choice (e.g. chilli flakes, cumin powder)
- 2 wholegrain mini-wraps (abt 45g/1.6oz each)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Mix the stock cube with 1/2 cup of boiled water. Rehydrate the TVP mince by pouring the stock water over it in a bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry the leafy green mix. Dice onion and capsicum.
- Preheat oven to 200C/395F. (This is to heat up the wraps in step 5).
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high heat then dry sauté the onion for a couple of minutes. Stir in the rehydrated TVP, cook for a couple more minutes then incorporate your desired seasonings. Add the capsicum, stir and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Drape each wrap over two oven rack rungs to create taco shells. Bake for about 5 minutes.
- Assemble your tacos with a layer of leafy greens followed by the TVP mince, and a squeeze of lemon on top.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!