Vegan Orange Tofu
Skip the take out and make this Vegan Orange Tofu instead. Perfect with a bowl of steamy rice!
- 250 grams Organic Firm Tofu, cubed
- 1 2/3 tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 1 small Red Onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Oil
- 1/2 a red Chilli, sliced
For Orange Sauce:
- Zest and Juice of 1 large Orange
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 4 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
- 4 teaspoons Tamari
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- Prepare Tofu: Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a pan and lightly sear your tofu on all sides to create a crispy crust. You may need to do this in batches if your pan is not big enough, otherwise your tofu may end up stewing instead of searing.
- Once all your tofu has been seared, set aside on a wire rack.
- Prepare Orange Sauce: In a bowl, combine all ingredients for orange sauce and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sautee garlic, onion and chilli for a minute or two. Pour in prepared sauce mixture and stir well. Once sauce simmers and thickens, add tofu in and coat pieces in the orange sauce.
- Immediately transfer to serving dish and garnish with cilantro and spring onion. Serve with a steaming bowl of jasmine rice.
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita