Vegan Mini Quiches!
Maddie's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1vyGesd
Ingredients (makes 12+)
- 500g firm tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- Place the tofu, nutritional yeast, turmeric, soy sauce, lemon zest, thyme leaves and 1/4 cup of the soy milk in a food processor and process until really smooth. Remove the tofu mix from the food processor and place it in a bowl. Mix in the flour, remaining soy milk and some salt and pepper.
- Saute the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes then add it to the tofu mix.
- Brush a 12 muffin tray with oil. Place enough mixture in the bottom of each hole to cover the bottom. Sprinkle with the diced tomatoes then tear over baby spinach leaves. Place another dollop of mixture on top of the spinach then place another layer of tomatoes and spinach. Place one more dollop of mixture on top and then bang your trays down on your bench so the mix spreads well in the trays.
- Grind some fresh black pepper over the top and place them in the oven at 180C for 20 minutes. Make sure the quiches are cooled before you remove them from the trays to allow them to set properly. Carefully run a knife around the edge and lift them out.
- These would be great in puff pastry. Just lay some vegan puff pastry in your tray and bake for 5-10mins until pastry begins to puff before placing your mix in.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!