Vegan Macaroni and Cheese
Nut free creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese. The ultimate comfort dish that everyone in your family will love.
Serves 3 | Prep time: 2 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 16oz (480g) pasta, cooked
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup vegan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Heat a pot on medium heat. When hot, add the butter. Once the butter has melted add the flour and whisk until a thick paste has been formed.
- Add the milk, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, salt (optional) and black pepper to the pot. Constantly whisk for 4-5 minutes until the cheese melts. Once the cheese melts, turn the stove top immediately to low heat.
- Pour the cooked pasta into the pot with the cheese sauce and mix. Make sure to cover all of the pasta with the cheese sauce.
- Top with your favourite garnish. Eat immediately or keep in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
2017 is when I officially went vegan, cutting out all dairy products. It all began when my husband and I started watching vegan documentaries that informed us on what kinds of things were in our foods. See all recipes by Marissa