Vegan Lemon Tahini Pasta Salad
A delicious pasta salad with garden-fresh veggies tossed in a smooth lemon tahini dressing.
- 2 cups Pasta of choice (I used Buckwheat Spirals)
- 2 small heads of Broccoli, trimmed and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped Green Beans
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 8 Basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley
- 1/3 cup Sun-Dried Tomato Strips, drained
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
For Tahini Lemon Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons Tahini
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Agave Nectar
- 1/3 cup warm Water
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- Prepare a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Salt liberally and then blanche your Broccoli and Green Beans for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain and immerse in a bowl of ice water for 30 seconds. Drain again and set aside.
- Bring another pot of water to the boil and once again, salt liberally. Boil pasta according to directions on packet, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the Tahini Lemon dressing till smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine your cooked and drained Pasta with your Broccoli, Green beans, Cherry Tomatoes, Sun-Dried Tomato strips, Basil and Parsley.
- Pour dressing over and mix well to combine. Taste and adjust for levels of Salt and Pepper.
- Enjoy at room temperature or leave leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight box for a nice packed lunch at work the next day.
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita