Vegan Lamington Ice Cream Bars
An Aussie classic - The Lamington...but in Ice Cream Bar form!
Serves 6 | Prep time: 20 mins plus freezing time | Cooking time: 12 mins
For Lamington Sponge Cake
- 35 grams Vegan Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 75 grams Soy or Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp Self Raising Flour
- 200 grams Vegan Dark Chocolate, for coating
- 2 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- Strawberry or Raspberry Jam
- Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Desiccated Coconut, for coating
- Silicone Muffin Mould with 6 cavities
- Preheat oven to 175C/347F and line a cookie tray with baking paper. Combine melted Vegan Butter, Sugar, Vanilla, Salt, Plant Milk and whisk to combine.
- Add flour in and whisk till smooth. Spread mixture out on your prepared baking sheet so that the batter is 1cm in thickness. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden and springy to the touch.
- Leave to cool fully and then cut out 6 circles of cake that are the same size as the bottom of a silicone muffin tray cavity.
- Place cake rounds at the bottom of your silicone muffin tin and top with a generous layer of Strawberry Jam.
- Freeze for 1 hour. Meanwhile, leave Vanilla Ice Cream to soften on the counter for about 20 minutes.
- After 1 hour, scoop Vanilla Ice Cream and fill the muffin tray holes to the brim with Vanilla Ice Cream. Leave to freeze overnight.
- To coat, melt Vegan Dark Chocolate and 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Pop your Lamington mixture out of the silicone moulds. Whilst chocolate is still relatively warm, dip your frozen Lamington rounds and coat all over.
- Immediately roll in Desiccated Coconut and return to the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up again before enjoying!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita