Guest Blogger Elizabeth Madsen
Hey there, I'm Liz and I create vegan & whole food plant based oil-free recipes! See all recipes by Elizabeth
Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are a delight to have for lunch or a light dinner.
1. Set Instant Pot / pressure cooker to saute. Let heat for a few seconds then add onions. Saute onions until translucent, adding up to 2 tablespoons of broth as needed to keep from sticking. After about 3-4 minutes, add garlic and saute an additional minute.
2. Press cancel and add the rest of your ingredients and stir well. Set valve to Sealing and press High Pressure or Pressure Cook for 10 minutes.
3. Assemble sandwiches by sandwiching 2 pieces of bread with Vegan Cheese. Toast sandwich over a hot pan (I set my Panini Press to Sear and cooked about 4 minutes until I had nice brown grill marks across the bread.)
4. After 10 minutes are up, do a quick release of the pressure. When it is safe, remove the lid and either use an immersion blender or regular blender to blend the soup. Leave chunks if you like.
5. Serve hot, garnish with basil, red pepper flakes, hemp seeds, or anything you like. Cut sandwiches in half and dip if desired. Enjoy!
6. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Soup also freezes well if desired.