Vegan Breakfast Burritos
A savoury, mouth-watering change from oatmeal or smoothies for breakfast!
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 150g/5.3oz firm tofu (a heaped cup, crumbled)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray (e.g. Woolworths Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray)
- 100g/3.5oz mushrooms (1 1/4 cup, diced)
- 100g/3.5oz (1/3 cup) can baked beans (e.g. Heinz)
- 80g/2.8oz avocado (1/4 of medium avo)
- 20g/0/7oz baby spinach (abt a handful)
- 1 wholemeal wrap (e.g. Helga’s)
- Squeeze of lemon
- Optional: iodised salt, pepper, herbs & spices of choice
- Crumble the tofu in a bowl and mix in the turmeric. Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat, spray the oil then cook the tofu for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the diced mushrooms, mix and cook for another 3 minutes or so until they soften. Then add the baked beans to warm up. Mix well.
- Taste the mixture in case you’d like to add any seasoning of your choice.
- Remove from heat and at this stage you can add the baby spinach so that it wilts making it easier to pack the filling when you roll your burrito. Add a squeeze of lemon and mix.
- Assemble the burrito: Slice the avo. Heat the wholemeal wrap on both sides under the grill or in a pan for about a minute. On a plate or cutting board place the wrap then add the avocado to half of the wrap, dollop the tofu filling on top then tuck in the edges and tightly roll up your burrito. Enjoy!
Macros – Carb: 45g Fat: 33g Prot: 41g Calories: 641
This recipe is part of the 7-day Strength meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!