Ultimate Vegan Pancakes
Fluffy vegan pancakes made with vegan buttermilk! Easy, household ingredients, ready in 20 minutes. Recipe by Liz.
Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2.5 cup soy or oat milk
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- olive oil
- plant-based cream
- maple syrup
- To make the plant-based buttermilk: combine milk, vinegar and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Stir and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into pan. When bubbles start to appear in the middle – flip the pancake and cook for another minute or so until golden. Remove from pan and set aside. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Top with plant-based cream, berries and maple syrup to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
My name’s Liz! I’m a food blogger based in Melbourne, Australia. I went vegan in August 2019 and it sparked a love of exploratory cooking. I started sharing what I was eating on Instagram, and found an opportunity to make simple plant-based recipes that fit into a busy lifestyle.
See all recipes by Liz