Two-Bean Vegan Chilli
This 30-minute meal is a hearty, satisfying vegan chilli made with black beans, pinto beans, vegan mince and full of flavour.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 50g/1.8oz (1/2 cup) TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1/4 vegetable stock cube (low sodium)
- 50g/1.8oz red onion (1/2 medium onion)
- 50g/1.8oz carrot (1 small carrot)
- 50g/1.8oz red capsicum (1/4 med capsicum)
- 200g/7oz (3/4 cup) canned diced tomatoes
- 100g/3.5oz black beans (1/2 cup, drained & rinsed)
- 100g/3.5oz pinto beans (1/2 cup, drained & rinsed)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Optional: salt to taste
- Dissolve the stock cube in 1/2 cup of boiled water. Rehydrate the TVP mince by pouring the stock water over it in a bowl. Set aside.
- Chop onion, capsicum and carrot.
- In a heated non-stick deep pan, add 1 tablespoon of water and the cumin, stir. Then add onion to sauté. After a few minutes add the rehydrated mince and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the black beans, pinto beans, carrot, capsicum, diced tomatoes, chopped stems of the coriander and the sweet paprika, salt (if using). Mix well. Allow to simmer over low heat with lid on top for about 10 minutes.
- Once done, pour in a bowl and top with fresh coriander.
Macros – Carb: 57g Fat: 3g Prot: 45g Calories: 439
This recipe is part of the 7-day Wellbeing meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!