Tofu Scramble with Toast, Spinach & Roasted Tomato
Flavourful tofu scramble accented with pan-roasted tomatoes, nutritional yeast powder and spinach.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 150g/5.3oz tomato (1 med-large size)
- 150g/5.3oz firm tofu (a heaped cup, cubed)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 15g/0.5oz (2 Tbsp) nutritional yeast powder
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray (e.g. Woolworths Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray)
- 20g/0.7oz baby spinach (a large handful)
- 2 slices dark rye bread (e.g. Abbott’s Dark Rye sliced bread)
- 10g/0.4oz (2 tsp) vegan butter (e.g. Nuttelex Original)
- To taste: iodised salt, pepper, herbs & spices
- Optional: finely chopped spring onion, to serve
- Slice the tomato and pan roast slices in a non-stick pan for a few minutes on medium heat then set aside.
- Cube the tofu then place in a bowl to mash with a fork. Add the turmeric and season with salt, pepper and any other herbs/spices that you like. Mix well.
- Preheat a pan on medium-high heat then add olive oil and tofu mix. Cook for 3-5 minutes then add the nutritional yeast and mix well.
- Continue cooking for another 3 minutes then turn off heat. Add the baby spinach and mix in until wilted.
- Once the bread is toasted and buttered serve the tofu scramble, roasted tomatoes and toast with an optional sprinkling of spring onion.
Note: If you like an ‘eggy’ flavour for your tofu scramble, use black salt (kala namak) instead of regular salt.
Macros – Carb: 45g Fat: 26g Prot: 42g Calories: 582
This recipe is part of the 7-day Strength meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!