Vegan Tofu Sausage Rolls
These delicious vegan sausage rolls are made with tofu and nut sausage mince encased in golden and flaky puff pastry, served with tomato sauce. Perfect for parties and picnics.
Serves 24 mini rolls | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins
- 1/2 cup Mixed Nuts
- 2 slices of stale Whole Grain Bread
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon Dried Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 350 grams/10 ounces Firm Tofu
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Tamari/Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Aquafaba
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 3 sheets of Ready Rolled Puff Pastry (8 inch Squares)
- Tomato Chutney, optional
- Sesame Seeds, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F and line a large baking sheet with non-stick parchment.
- In a food processor, combine Mixed Nuts, Bread, Thyme, Sage, Fennel Seeds and Cranberries. Process until it forms a fine crumb.
- Add Onion, Garlic, Tofu, Smoked Paprika, Sweet Paprika, Tamari, Aquafaba and Sriracha to the food processor. Process until you get a smooth, sausage mince-like mixture. You may have to scrape the bowl down a few times.
- Test for seasoning and add Black Pepper and Salt (if needed, it should be reasonably salty already).
- Now it’s time to roll!
- Cut each 8 inch square of Puff Pastry into 4 smaller squares. You should end up with 12 squares.
- Place some of the Sausage mixture onto the first third of each square, and brush on a little Tomato Chutney if using. Roll up, Sausage Roll style!
- Cut each Sausage Roll into two, to form 2 smaller Sausage Rolls. Place rolls on baking tray, seam side down.
- Sprinkle the tops of each Sausage Roll with Sesame Seeds and pop into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and puffy. Keep an eye that they don’t burn.
- Serve warm with Tomato Sauce (Ketchup).
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita