Tofu Nori Rolls
Sushi is a great food to know how to make. Perfect for parties, picnics, lunches and work!
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 35 mins
- 1/3 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1-2 nori sheets
- 1/2 small red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 medium avocado (optional)
- 1/4 carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup green lettuce
- 100g / 3.5oz fried tofu cut into strips
- soy sauce (use Tamari for GF option)
- Place rice and 2/3 cup water in a saucepan with lid over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until water has absorbed. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place vinegar and sugar in a bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer rice to a large dish and separate the rice so there aren’t any big clumps. Slowly add the vinegar mixture, folding it into the rice until it has cooled.
- Place 1 nori sheet shiny-side down on a sushi mat. Using damp fingers, spread rice over nori, leaving a 2cm (nearly 1in) strip at one end. Arrange the fillings thinly over the centre of the rice. Using the sushi mat, roll up firmly to form a roll then cut into slices.
- Repeat with remaining nori sheet then serve with soy sauce.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!