Tofu & Charred Broccolini Salad
An energizing, delectable and nourishing salad with assorted fresh veggies, deliciously chargrilled broccolini and tasty tofu.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 100g/3.5oz firm tofu, sliced
- 30ml/1oz (2 Tbsp) soy sauce, or tamari sauce for GF
- 100g/3.5oz broccolini
- 10g/0.35oz sesame oil
- Pinch of black cracked pepper
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 100g/3.5oz red cabbage, shredded
- 100g/3.5oz red capsicum, julienne
- 100g/3.5oz snow peas
- 10g/0.35oz white sesame seeds
- Lemon wedge to serve
- Slice the tofu into 5mm (abt 1/4in) slabs and place in a shallow bowl. Pour the soy sauce on top to marinate and set aside.
- Thinly shred the cabbage and julienne the capsicum.
- Heat a bbq grill or griddle pan on a high heat. Drizzle the broccolini with half the sesame oil and sprinkle with black cracked pepper and chilli flakes. Grill the broccolini until well charred and tender (5 mins) turning occasionally. Remove from the pan.
- Add the slabs of tofu to the same pan and grill for 2 minutes, turning once, until lightly charred.
- Assemble the salad by adding the broccolini, tofu, snow peas, capsicum and cabbage. Drizzle remaining sesame oil on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Macros – Carb: 16g Fat: 24g Prot: 33g Calories: 412
This recipe is part of the 7-day Wellbeing meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!