The Best Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake ★★★★★2 reviews
This is hands down one of our favorite desserts! After you guys try this recipe we're sure it'll be one of your favorites as well. When we lived in New York, there was a famous cheesecake shop that we would always go to. Unfortunately, they weren't vegan but we found a way to veganize one of our favorites! This cheesecake is super easy to make and completely foolproof! We just hope you all enjoy it as much as we do
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil
- For the Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews; soaked in water for 8 hours or overnight
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese; softened
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup cane sugar + 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- For the Fresh Strawberry Swirl
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 6 Tbsp cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 190 C / 375 F
- Place all the ingredients for the crust into a high powered blender or food processor and blend until completely combined.
- Place the crust mixture evenly into a well-greased spring foam pan. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Set aside when done.
- Adjust oven and heat to 160 C / 325 F
- Next place all the ingredients for the cheesecake filling into a high powered blender or food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the strawberries until completely smooth. Press the mixture through a mesh strainer, discarding the seeds and pulp. In a small bowl stir in the cane sugar. Spoon the strawberry mixture on top of the unbaked cheesecake, with a few dollops at a time. Use a toothpick or skewer to swirl the mixture as much or as little as you like.
- Bake cheesecake on 160 C / 325 F for 50- 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool in refrigerator 6-8 hours OR overnight before serving.
**Use the leftover fresh strawberry topping on cheesecake slices before serving**
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
It was fun and exciting learning how to remake all of our favorite dishes before becoming vegan. Our specialty is recreating comfort foods and Caribbean classics.
See all recipes by Carlos
Thank you so much for this delicious recipe.
I just love it.
I hope it doesn’t add any weight to my petit figure!